A new episode of The Triple Po is upon us! This week is a news week, wherein Lyman and I give our important dudebro hot takes on current events. First off, I wanted to promote my good friend Melina Barrett and her run for Florida Senate, District 5. Melina Barratt is a trans woman running on progressive policies. I don’t have to tell y’all how much we need people like her in Florida and in the South generally. I am including her information and where you can donate in the show notes. We also gave a shot-out to my friend Robbin Renaud for her kind words about the podcast. She is an awesome person, and I greatly appreciate her compliment!
Lyman and I discussed several topics this week.
– The shooting at a Pensacola airbase by a Saudi Air Force officer
– The stabbings at London Bridge inspired by terrorism
– Trump’s order regarding Judaism in relation to Title IX
– David Silverman being suspended yet again, this time from Atheist Alliance International, because of sexual harassment allegations
– Nikki Haley’s statement regarding the Confederate flag being ‘hijacked’ by Dylan Roof
And we talked about what alcohol we were consuming. So, basically just two guys hanging and running their mouths about the news. Enjoy!
Download the show here.
Meline Rayna for Florida Senate District 5, Democrat
Melina Rayna for Florida Senate District 5, Democrat on Facebook
Saudi Air Force member who killed 3 at U.S. Navy base had watched mass-shooting videos
London Bridge: What we know about the attack
London Bridge attack: What is the Learning Together scheme?
READ: Articles Of Impeachment Against Trump : NPR
JEWISH STUDENTS AND FACULTY OPPOSE TRUMP’S EXECUTIVE ORDER
Executive Order on Combating Anti-Semitism
David Silverman Accused of “Creepy-Touching” After His Return to Leadership